Water Jet Cutting
Water jet cutting uses a powerful jet of water to precision cut non-metallic materials up to 3m x 2m in size. It is precise to 0.13mm and can cut to any shape or dimension.
We also use water jet cutting for materials that are too thick to go through the press cutter, and it’s particularly useful for small runs or single items as it negates the need for tooling. It’s a highly efficient method of cutting foam inserts and producing custom foam products as well as gaskets.
Water jet cutting:
- Leaves no radius in the corners
- Is exceptionally precise
- Doesn’t cause heat build up so protects the properties of the foam
- Can create narrow slots to much deeper levels than other cutting methods
- Gives a very clean finish with no dust residues, ideal for Plastazote foam
- Produces no hazardous waste and eliminates airborne dust and fumes.
We can bond multiple levels (and colours) of water cut foam to create inserts that perform superbly and are hardwearing enough to be used over and over again.